Update from the Provincial Council for Maternal and Child Health (PCMCH)
- Effective Sept 08, 2015, CritiCall Ontario will expand its service to include the facilitation of all urgent and emergent neonatal cases in Ontario.
- Hospital-based physicians in Ontario who are caring for urgent and emergent neonatal patients must contact CritiCall Ontario at 1-800-668-4357 (HELP)
- This new process will streamline access to care by providing hospital-based physicians with a single number to call to access consultation support and if necessary, arrange transport for neonatal patients.
- CritiCall Ontario will act as a single point of contact for hospital-based physicians caring for urgent and emergent neonatal patients and engage consulting neonatologists from Ontario’s designated pediatric hospitals and pediatric transport teams to support these physicians so their patients can access the level of care required as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- This new process is a provincial strategy based on recommendations from a 2010 Report of the Provincial Council for Maternal and Child Health Maternal Newborn Advisory Committee Transport Work Group. This process is based on a strong partnership of health care organizations responsible for supporting access to care for urgently and emergent neonatal patients including Ontario’s four neonatal transport teams, designated children’s hospitals, CritiCall Ontario and PCMCH.
Click here for poster: 20150904_One Number Criticall_Neonatal Print and Post Information (draft) Aug 31_15_1